Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Old Chair repaint (17)

I have this thing with chairs. I think they are so interesting, especially the old ones. And the more mismatched the better. I always think of where they have been, who has sat in them and what they were used for. I don't think you can ever have enough either. I have one right now that I got at a flea market that my hubby uses at his desk and for playing his guitar and I steal to use at my sewing machine. (Which means I better be on the lookout for another extra chair:)  Our other extra one we use as extra seating at the kitchen table.  I decided he needed a little redo.I got this chair at goodwill last year and have been trying and trying to decide what to do to it. It has so much character already and you can tell it has been used and through a lot. It was dinged and dented with paint splattered on it, but so cool looking. The hubby wanted to take it on as his own project and stain it….but has yet to get to it, so I decided it was time to get er done.
BEFORE (I forgot to take a pic until I had started priming it)

 I painted it my favorite blue. I decided it had been through too much in its lifetime to be painted so perfectly, so I got out my sander and went to town. I love how she looks so worn, but in a beautiful kind of way. 
AFTER

I didn't realize how long it can take to paint a little old chair. All the sides of the rungs underneath...almost threw my back out:) But now that shes done I'm ready for another to keep her company.  I'm on the lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS