Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A nursery makeover!



I redid my sister, Robins office into a nursery a few months back for sweet baby Mckinley(who is now 6 weeks old!)

 I keep meaning to go back and take better pictures, but never have, so I figured Id just do the post already:) I will come back and add more later when I can figure out how to get pics off my old phone. I have a few tutorials I took pictures for. 

Heres the room just getting started:
(We didnt get the crib before. It was your basic wood crib and we painted it white.)

And after:(Its hard to get a shot of the whole room cause its so long.
I painted this dresser coral and white. I still plan on putting a large black owl silouette on the front, but need to find a projector. I painted the two lamps Robin already had white and then recovered the shades with some cute teal polka dot fabric. The candlesticks were pink and I painted them aqua. Right now they act as book ends.




Theres no closet in this room, so Robin came up with a great idea to utilize the space. This was originally her husbands desk, so he added a bar along the bottom to hang the itty bitty clothes.

The crib we painted white. (5 cans of spray paint later!) The bumper is 
one of those new
 breathable  ones that we got in white and I tried to dye. Little did 
I realize that Polyester + dye = no go. I had even gotten onesies and practiced before getting the bumper .
Totally different fabrics:) The velcro worked and the rest is a baby pink, 
but it actually works. I didnt want it too matchy matchy anyway.
The crib sheet was white and I dyed it coral. The curtains are a 
white with gray pinstripes(better picture to come i promise!)
 And the quilt I made one side out of this adorable dandelion silouette 
and the other side out of a piece from every other fabric in the room.
The curtains are a white with gray pinstripe with this great Amy Butler fabric
 on the bottom. It said "cherry" as the color, but I just knew it would work! 
The curtains totally lightened up the room! The gray was on sale for 2.99 a yard! 
You cant beat that and I think the flowers for the whole thing would have been too busy.


Heres the comforter on one side


I made this mobile with circles of coordinating fabrics , coral ribbon and an embroidery hoop. I just love how it turned out!
The artwork I did also. It was so simple. I just stretched some fabric over an old canvas with my staple gun(on the back), and used my cricut to cut out different sizes and shapes of flowers(and painted some aqua).
The framed flower I made out of fabric, painted an old frame and attached it to some chevron paper I stamped. Sooo easy!
The 'M' is the same paper I stamped, cut out on my cricut and attached it with some baby clothes pins to a strip of lace.



Heres the two drawers I painted, distressed and lined. I originally was going to hang these on the wall as shelves, but ran out of wall space.
So I decided an under the crib storage worked just as well.
(And the other side of the comforter)


This owl I am very proud of:) I couldnt find a cricut cartridge with an owl that had any more images I would use much. So I finally just used the basic one I have and cut out all different shapes to put him together! Isnt he cute!!? I got all these frames at garage sales this summer and painted them all white.
The "you are loved always" was a quote on my sisters pinterest, and cut out with my cricut.
The little two are just scrapbook paper and stickers I already had(with the right colors!!!)
And the 'M' I cut out of some old mat board and covered in glitter. That was a mess:)

So there it is!! Mckinley is still sleeping in her mommy and daddys room, but I know she will enjoy this room soon and her mommy already is!

And one more picture because I cant help myself:

Partying at :



4 comments:

  1. Great Job Aprill - it is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job. I will be featuring this tonight at my Fall into Fall party that opens at 8pm EST. Please stop by and pick up an I've Been Featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a cute little space! i redecorated my baby girl's nursery this spring and had so much fun :) you did a great job! i'm your newest follower!
    megan
    megvcornwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS