Thursday, October 11, 2012

Vintage vanity redo


I found this old vanity and brought her home earlier in the summer. I loaded her up in the back of the truck by myself(kind of awkward) because I knew what would happen if I asked for help with this one. And I was right. When I got home, my dad told me to throw it back and my husband looked at me like I was crazy and walked straight into the house. But come on!! My nana, grandma and great aunt were all beauticians and I kind of love me an old vanity. Even sans the mirror, hardware and two drawers. And even despite the fact that it was filled with spiders, leaves and what looked like potting soil.

And then came the silliness of it all. Those drawers will ONLY fit in those two spots. There's no moving both to one side, or moving them both to the top or bottom. So, then again, my dad said to throw it back. But I didn't:) I think she is so cute painted white and distressed and with thee old heavy handles from the Hobs. I thought about either making a fabric cushioned pad on the middle section or making cute little curtains over the shelves I made. I have tried to sell it a few times and this piece has stuck around much longer than most. What do you think? Should I make a padded top, or some curtains?? 


AFTER:



2 comments:

  1. How big is the space in the middle? You could almost market it as a TV stand with DVD storage... It looks great :) <3 Jess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea!! Probably big enough for the newer tv stands?? Ill have to try that!

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS