Wednesday, July 6, 2011

#5 for sweet Mrs. Addison

I switched gears for a few weeks to try some upholstering. Easy peasy upholstering that is, but something to use my new staple gun on none the less. I wanted to try my hand at a fabric headboard, seeing as it looked like it couldnt get much easier, and my best friend was willing to b my guinea pig, well her daughter;) They are expecting an addition to the family, so Addison is passing down her crib/toddler bed, and moving up to the BIG girl bed!







  I painted the legs white and roughed them up a little (I think it adds a lot of character to white....and, ok fine I'm a little hooked on shabby chic-ing;)



After the legs, I wrapped it first in two layers of batting and then the fabric. I also tried to cover the back with a solid piece to hide all my crazy work.
I do think it may need to be a little taller so more of it can be seen over pillows, so Im working on how to make that happen. We picked out the fabric, which i LOVE, but realize now it may be hard to find bedding that isn't too busy. I know Kristine will make it cute though! I think a bunch of different solids or even simple patterns in the same color would be adorable! I am officially in love with my staple gun and am looking at which project I should move to so I can use it again.
Thanks ween for letting me make my first one for little Addy. I think it fits her perfectly!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS