Saturday, March 8, 2014

The troublesome table..

I got this table on our local 'facebook yardsale' page and had a vision in mind. I wanted to try the new 'gray barwood' stain. I learned quickly after numerous attempts that it wasn't happening on this kind of wood. I wish I had pictures to show you the process, but right now, they are MIA. 


Anyways, after not getting the result i wanted I decided to paint the tabletop gray and then stain over it to still give it a look I was going to be happy with.  Here is is finished at the Vintage Farmhouse sale. That glare doesn't make for the best picture, but the next up close up one gives you the idea.




I always love doing tables, its the finding of and doing the chairs that could drive a woman mad:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS