Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Opal is done! #4

With some house guests this last week I took a little hiatus from the blog world. I finished a piece right before they came, but haven't gotten on the computer much. My super crafty friend from Cali came to visit with their newest addition, two month old Audrey this week. My husband was also home from work for the week. We spent all week brainstorming, treasure hunting and starting projects. While nothing got completed we had a great time and thought up lots of fun ideas. My husband also bought me a staple/nailer today so I can finally start trying out my hand at some upholstering. I cannot wait! We managed to start another child rocker, a desk, and two chairs.  We also bought a head board, some knobs and another chair. I'm running out of room for all my projects, so I need to step it up and start getting some out of here.

I bought this piece at a garage sale and loved the lines. I was ready for some color and took weeks to pick out the perfect blue. Here she is before:


Here she is mid-makeover:



And here she is in all her glory:




She reminds me a sweet older lady, with some signs of ageing, but oh-so-much charm. I think Opal fits her perfectly.

I cant end my post without a picture of the little doll who came to see us this week:) Baby Audrey(and Trish) we will miss you so much!!!


This post was linked up to

Primp your stuff Wednesdays,
Fridays Redoux
and
Somewhat Simple link party Thursday

3 comments:

  1. Can "Opal" come live at my house?:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work! I love the finished project. Thanks for sharing! -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Opal is sexy and she matches my bedroom perfectly *hint hint* ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS